Oral hygiene is the practice of keeping the mouth clean, and it is considered to be the best means of prevention of cavities (dental caries), gingivitis, periodontitis, and other dental disorders. At Outspan Hopsital, we ensure that we solve your oral hygiene in the best way possible and at affordable rates. With the installation of world-class equipment, our qualified specialists are able to deliver the best dental services and procedures within the country. The OH resident specialist who is the Head of Department, Dr. Martin Kariuki, mentioned that they offer a wide range of outpatient and inpatient dental services that include:
- Dental surgery - handle conditions and injuries that affect the head, neck, mouth, jaw and face.
- Pediatric dentistry - Baby dentistry, dental braces
- Restorative dentistry- White Fillings, Root canal treatment, Temporary and permanent Crowns, Bridges and implants
- Prosthetic dentistry - replace missing teeth and cover tooth defects to improve appearance and function e.g. Full/partial Dentures and Obturators/feeding plates.
- Aesthetic dentistry - Teeth whitening / bleaching, Veneers, Masking for fluorosis.
- Dental hygiene- Full mouth scaling and polishing and Root planning. “Even with all those services in place, the most exclusive equipment that we have is the Orthopantomagram (OPG) machine which is a panoramic scanning dental X-ray of the upper and lower jaw.” He said. The machine is an amazing diagnostic tool for detecting irregular teeth, cysts, tumors and infections. “Another machine that has set our dental unit apart from others is the Endo motor machine which is a modernized equipment for root canal procedures. This advanced technology provides more precision and reliability while being a quieter and faster procedure.” Said Dr. Kariuki. Other unique procedures in the dental unit include dental implantation which is the replacement of tooth roots. “The good thing is that most of the services we offer are covered by NHIF except the Temporary and permanent Crowns, Bridges and implants procedures which can only be covered by your respective insurance company or cash.” Dr. Kariuki commented. With 2 functional operating units (surgical/general), the department is well manned by 4 members of staff; Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. Emily Nyamu, Pediatric Dentist Dr. June Njama, Community Oral Health Officer Dr. Cynthia Akoho and her assistant Dr. Veronica Njeri.