The Outspan Teaching and Referral Hospital Imaging department offers comprehensive imaging services using the latest imaging technology and specialized expertise to give you the best and most accurate diagnosis. These images aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases within the body.
- CT Scans
We perform all x-ray procedures using state of the art digital equipment. We also issue radiological reports on the images. This service helps in the assessment of various body structures our services are:
- Routine/general X-rays.
- Portable X-rays in the wards.
- Theatre X-ray services (Image intensifier).
- Special X-ray examinations (Hysterosalpingography, urethrogram and barium studies)
We offer a wide range of ultrasound examinations in our department which includes:
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Obstetric ultrasound
- Prostate ultrasound
- Small parts ultrasound including thyroid gland and scrotum
- Cranial ultrasound for children less than one year old
- Doppler ultrasound to evaluate blood vessels
- Liver and biliary system ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Intracavitary ultrasound
- We also perform ultrasound guided procedures
Computerize Tomography Scanning (CT SCAN)
Our state of the art 64 slice CT scanner enables us to have exceptional image quality, henceforth better diagnosis. Among the scans we perform are;
- Head CT Scan
- Abdomen and pelvis CT Scan
- Chest CT Scan
- Neck CT Scan
- Spine CT Scan
- Vascular CT Scan (angiography)
- Musculoskeletal CT Scan
Our Siemens MRI machine is the only 3.0 Tesla MRI scanner in the Mount Kenya region. The higher field magnet ensures better quality images compared to 1.5 Tesla or lower field magnet machines. Our services include;
- Brain MRI
- Spine MRI
- Abdomen MRI
- MR Angiography
- Extremities MRI (knee, shoulder, hands, feet, ankles, pelvis.)
- Regional examination (Neck, sinuses, muscular)
We offer teleradiology services where high-quality patients’ images are transmitted from one facility to another for reporting by a radiologist. This service is helpful in cases where;
- Facilities lack expertise or imaging equipment
- Consultation on complex cases is required.
Our doctors provide tests that detect heart problems and monitor your hearts health. A doctor performs an electrocardiogram to detect;
- Arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythm
- Coronary artery diseases
- Infection or inflammation of fluid around the heart
- Enlarged heart muscles
- Congenital heart defects
- Signs of previous heart attack
- Heart disease treatment progress
Our ECHO specialists perform an echocardiogram to monitor how the heart and valves are functioning.
The doctor suggests echocardiogram to;
- Check problems of the valve or chambers of your heart
- Check if heart problems are the cause of symptoms such as chest pains and shortness of breath
- Detect congenital heart defects before birth.
The type of echocardiogram is determined by the information the doctor requires.
We offer routine breast screening for women from the age of 35 years to check for breast cancer and other breast abnormalities such as lumps. In addition, women from the age of 35 are advised to have yearly breast screening while lactating women and those below 35 years a breast ultrasound is performed.
You can walk in and access our services without booking an appointment.
Monday – Sunday 8 AM -9 PM
We provide 24hrs inpatient and outpatient Emergency services.